Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ciao Venezia

I will be the first to admit that our time in Venice was far too short. Lolly and I wanted to know all the secrets and every hidden watery alleyway, but time simply wouldn't allow for it. We did our very best to absorb everything, bouncing from gelato stand to gelato stand, ordering house wine for 2 Euro and grabbing tickets to an opera! I was seduced by the romanticism of it all, not to mention the fact that I had never touched any man-made object that was one thousand years old. (Some of the apartments were still marked by roman numerals.) I would be just fine if Ernest Hemingway had taken me on a date here. And no, we did not get carried away with the magic of it all and sing 'That's Amore' the entire time.






















No comments:

Post a Comment