Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Monterosso

Throughout our lives, my sister and I joke that we have shared more epically romantic moments together than either of us will ever experience with a man. The grandest of all these occurred along the Italian Riviera over gelato. While gazing out at a full moon being kissed by the Mediterranean Sea, we were serenaded in a grotto by an acoustic guitar and flautist. Needless to say, both our honeymoons will pale in comparison.

Here is Monterosso! This was my favorite part of the trip. To a tee, this gorgeous seaside town epitomized my daydream of Italy. Old men gossiping over espresso and newspapers, little children playing unsupervised by the sea and the most beautiful al fresco restaurants a romantic like myself could want. I want to go back. Now.

We also took a Chevy Chase look at Lover's Lane. Romance, l'amore, kissing, dancing, bladdy bladdyy blah. We ate it up.



















No comments:

Post a Comment