Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Steeplechase 2012

Is there anything more Southern than mint juleps and a day at the races? I have been invited by dear family friends to sit in a box at the Iroquois Steeplechase for the past couple of years and I relish every minute of it. My adopted Aunt Clarice is an equestrian, knowing everything there is to know about horses and fox hunting. She also dresses to the nines, looking lovely in a classic dress suit and a gorgeous scarf to match. We bet real life money, ate cucumber sandwiches, and I got to visit my favorite cousins at their tent that is infamously marked by a flag flying a scandalous mannequin leg. Check out the gorgeous hats and classic Southern summer dresses! This post should probably end with 'y'all.' So enjoy. Y'all.
















No comments:

Post a Comment